Monday, May 7, 2012

ACNE 101: DIY's!!

Let's be honest here ladies who doesn't love making DIY products instead of using chemical infused products you buy from the store? I definitely appreciate it!! PLUS it saves money :D  All the recipes I will post today will be recipes I personally have tried and LOVE! and I want to help those in need of help! So lets get started !! PS~ sorry for being away its been a stressful time for me :P 

Recipe #1 For Acne Prone Skin (That's me!!) 


Seems kinda silly and simple but just adding baking soda and water together! SO EASY! at first you get a tingly sensation and sometimes a little stinging but if you can bare past it. It works wonderfully. 

1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of water 

( Use more product as you need to, to cover your face) ! 

You want a paste kind of texture and you want to leave it on your skin for about 10-15 mins. BUT remember like I said this does sting a little so if it is unbearable just wash it off! Only do this mask twice a week! 

Recipe #2 for Dry Skin 

Here in Canada the weather can get a little weird :S I am Asian and my parents aren't from here and so my skin for some reacts to weather change (strange... I know because I am born here -___-), so going in from the winter to springish months my skin all of a sudden got dry patches. They weren't itchy or anything but aggravating because it would show up when I applied make up! so this recipe helped the healing process 

1 tsp of organic yogurt (you may choose a flavour if you wish but I just don't like the fruit chunks in it) 
1/2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil 

( Use more product as you need to, to cover your face) ! 

This should have a smooth texture. Apply this to you face for 10-15 mins and your face will feel HYDRATED and REFRESHED! its awesome ! (but I only recommend using it twice a week) it feels great and definitely helped me heal my dry flakes :) Another thing that helped was just taking the olive oil by itself and actually applying it to the dry patches of the skin! Some may think it feels greasy, but personally I thought it felt like moisturizer you just have to make sure to work it in to your skin! 

**** ALSO REMEMBER just because these recipes worked for me doesn't necessarily mean that they will work for you! everyone has different skin types :) 
~~~ 
Now I hope you all like these recipes I have recommended to you ! Give them a try, let me know how they worked out for you! if you want more DIY blogs like this PLEASE let me know !! Until Next Time 

~~ Cherry 8>

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Great DIY's, I have personally done the baking soda one awhile back I should give it a few more tries

Cherry Berry ~~ said...

Yeah I definitely like the baking soda one it can sting a bit for some people but if you can wait off the stinging it does wonders! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. :) maybe we can follow each other?